Getting Started with FundraisingFebruary 20, 2016 7:25 pm
Thank you for registering with Team Boomer Fighting Cystic Fibrosis. With each new member our team grows stronger. It’s time to build momentum. Put some fun into your fundraising effort. Follow these tips and you’ll be on your way.
1. START THE CONVERSATION
- Start telling people about your event and the Team Boomer – cystic fibrosis cause today!
2. USE TEAM BOOMER’S ONLINE FUNDRAISING PAGE
- Contact Katie Dougherty at email@example.com to learn more about how to start fundraising.
- Remember, any Team Boomer member who raises $500 will receive official gear to represent the cause!
3. RECRUIT PLEDGES AND SPONSORS
Ask your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to sponsor you and join in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis.
- Take Offline Donations
- For in-person donations please print our downloadable Sponsor Sheet and Credit Card Payment Form. Carry your sponsor sheet with you at all times. You never know when you will meet a potential donor!
- Use Social Media
- Link your online fundraising page to your Facebook page, Twitter account or Blog as an open invitation to all potential donors including friends of friends or people you may have been too timid to ask for donations.
- On Facebook let people know what you are up to and tell them you are supporting Team Boomer. Don’t forget to tell them about Team Boomer’s own Facebook page.
- Tweet your fundraising goal and status, as well as your progress in training. In addition to following you, your friends and family might want to follow Team Boomer on Twitter.
- Blogging is another way to update your friends and family on your training and fundraising goals. Keep your donors aware that their support is helping people with cystic fibrosis. You can link to the Team Boomer blog to give further information.
- Plan Fundraising Events
- Who doesn’t love a good bake sale? Or how about a garage sale? Team Boomer participants have used these types of events – and a variety of others – to boost their fundraising campaigns.
- One popular fundraiser is a party at a local restaurant or bar, where attendees buy a ticket or make a goodwill offering in support of the cause. These events often include a raffle or other activity that results in additional donations.
- Sell Products
- A wide range of fundraising products can be sold person-to-person or in conjunction with another event in the community, such as a craft fair or flea market. Some popular ideas for sellable products include flower bulbs, candles, chocolate bars and gourmet desserts.
- You may also direct your family and friends to the Team Boomer Online Store where they can gear up to support you on race day
Good luck! Thank you for all your efforts to help people with cystic fibrosis live longer, healthier lives.
Categorised in: Fundraising